Your posting this week (or any week) can be a reply to one of your classmates.
Please use as many tags as seem sensible to you and place your post or reply in the “Hell on Wheels 2011” category.
- Comment on the spectacle—the sound, cinematography, costumes, sets
- How did it create a sense of “period”?
- Did it feel like a proper beginning to you?
- Does it create the impression of a “genre” show? How?
- Can one judge a television show on the basis of the pilot–think of that question in relation to the problem of
- Did it feel/sound/look like other television shows or films you’ve seen?
- Analyze one of these scenes:
- the scalping of Mr. Bell and Lily Bell’s escape
- any conversation between Elam (Common) and Colin (Anson Mount)
- the final “zebra” monologue